Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2011

Why Hello There!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ana and currently a (second time around) college student at the University of Iowa.  I graduated in 2008 with a BA in History and then thought about law school then I decided it wasn't for me.  So now here I am going back to school for film.  It was a very long and rocky journey to figure out that this is what I really wanted to do.  My husband, Treasure (that's not his real name, but we'll just call him that), and I had a nice talk this last winter about happiness and what really makes me happy.  Before this spring semester I was actually going back to get a teaching degree in math. 

Anyway, this is just the beginning for me.  But before this I was in a couple movies.  I was in a student film called Resist Evil... but I eventually got asked to leave that. 

I was also in a SAG movie (big deal if you're from Iowa) called Collapse starring Chris Mulkey and Karen Landry.  So that was exciting for me because then I became eligible for a SAG card (although I don't have one).

I don't know why I keep on getting asked to do scary movies.  Maybe I have a scary face?

So in an effort to gain more experience for film making I decided to join our COMPLETELY student run newspaper/news station for the more technical side of production work.  I started ... oh... yesterday (Sunday) and got my first assignment ... oh... yesterday (Sunday) :p  I just went up to our local arts fest (go to summerofthearts.org) and just got some footage.  Sounds easy, but on your first day it's a little nerve wrecking!  So just watch the arts fest part and check it out here!



So, I think that's good enough for now.  I would really appreciate any kind of feed back, even if you don't think it's that great :)  Thanks for reading!

No comments: