Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter

For those of us who grew up with Harry Potter, it's sad to see him go.  I can honestly say that my childhood was magical because of J.K. Rowling. 

I promise not to give out spoilers (which include those in the book) without proper notification.

In all, this movie was probably the best.  The best balance between action, drama and comedy (blech!).  I don't think I've cried that much in a movie since I saw ... well I can't remember what the last movie made me cry that much.  Titanic maybe?  I mean... to the point that I was sniffling.  Wait... it was Disney's Meet the Robinsons.  Really great movie.

Anyway, I just want to go through what we saw a previews.  I just think it's absolutely HILARIOUS that big named directors have decided to make children/young adult/think Lassie movies for this coming Christmas season.  Steven Spielberg is making War Horse.  Not something I would typically associate Spielberg.  And then Martin Scorsese has made Hugo.... really super bright rich colors about a boy and roboty thing.  However, within the previews was a small trailer for The Dark Knight Rises.  Will be making a trip to the theater for that one.  As well as Cowboys and Aliens.

SO... without going into too much detail, I just want to say CAN WE PLEASE cut the silly little comedic impromptus (imprompti?)!?  I swear, this is just a curse of the whole series... a nice dramatic and heartfelt scene and moment but then we have a little one liner, or a silly cut to an over the top expression.

Maybe it was because I went to the midnight showing so I'm watching the movie with people who will giggle, laugh, cry and clap at every thing David Yates wants.  He's probably thinking in his head the whole time "Let's just shoot this little snide because the Potties will love it!!"  (grumble grumble)  Well thanks for breaking the Suture Theory for me everyone!  I couldn't properly suture myself into the movie!!

So yes, Treasure and I dressed up to go... which is the first time I and he have ever done that.  We got to the theater at 9 and were FAR from the beginning of the line.  In fact, we were told the 1st people in line had been out there since 5am.  But man, did we see some cool costumes.  My favorite was 2 girls dressed as the golden snitch.

I will forever think that Emma Watson will be a class act and I hope she is happy with her life after Harry Potter.  I mean, same for everyone else in the cast, but I just have a soft spot for her :)  I think she is every girl's hero, and she is a great one to follow.  I hope none of them burn out and life on only as "that one kid who played (fill in the blank)".

I wish I could post the final shot of the 3 of them at the end of the movie... but no one has pirated that onto Google images :/

So for now, Mischief Managed.


And back to the movie...

SPOILERS

Does anyone else think that the adult versions of Harry, Hermione and Ron seemed weird?  To the point you almost wishes they just found some other actors?  To me I think they were also digitally edited a little.  I mean, they all did see a little bit older.... but not 19.  Maybe Ron, but definitely not Hermione.

Does anyone else wonder "Why the hell would they introduce a time turner in the 3rd book and never use it again?!"  That one just runs through my mind all the time.

Wow was Snape's death brutal.  I think it's almost worse with the thudding leaving the imagination to imagine the actual death.  Damn.

I still can't take Molly Weasley seriously when she said "Not my daughter, bitch."  It's just so out of character for me.  I don't know.  Not my favorite line.  I also though Bellatrix deserved a better or more glorified death... just because she's done all these awful things that we deserved a worse death to me.  I mean we watched her torture Hermione!

**EDIT** I also feel that Hermione's small stunt as Bellatrix Lestrange did justice to Helena Bonham Carter as an actress.   I think Carter did an excellent job mimicking Watson's little movements.  One in particular I noticed was when Hermione says "Good Day" right as the group entered the ally.  The way an exasperated Hermione would throw her eyes into the ceiling in frustration was done well by Carter.

Finally... HARRY AND HERMIONE SHOULD'VE ENDED UP TOGETHER!!!  It's all in the books until J.K. explicit says Ron and Hermione are together.  NO NO NO!!  But what is remains and that's how she wanted it.

I feel like there's a weird void.  I can't believe it's over.  Although, Treasure did say that he heard a rumor that J.K. has thought about writing more books from the HP series.  We'll see!

No comments: