Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vertigo

Ok, seriously this one will be short.

We watched Vertigo today.  I was late coming in because I wanted to watch the end of the US Woman's game... which ended up being totally unnecessary since they beat France pretty bad.  It was nice to see Alex Morgan score.  I would've been happy to see anyone score, but it was just nice to see someone who doesn't score very often score.

I came into the movie right as Jimmy Stewart was hanging off the building and his partner falls of the edge and dies.  Aside that this all has to do with our readings by Christian Metz and the psychology of a film... da da da... what I couldn't get out of my head is HOW freakin' much Kim Novak and Hope Solo looked alike to me.  The whole movie.  Right after coming late to class to watch the game.  I'm thinking to myself "That's right Hope Solo.  Just a big wave comes crashing in while you and Jimmy Stewart share that first kiss."

But, you can decide for yourself what you think:


I know Hope is a brunette now, but still.  I think they look pretty gosh darn similar!
Anyway, that's all for now :)  Told you it'd be short!  

PS - anyone else think Megan Rapinoe should just start the game on Sunday?

No comments: