Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 8, 2011

Lots of movie (things) tonight!!

That's right folks, you heard it!

First I just want to start off that I'm sitting here at work, sweating like a pig (do pigs really sweat so much that we made a little proverb about it?)  I'll have to be careful though because a friend of mine won't ever want to have babies if I talk about it too much.

But, before I talk about anything else... Way to go The Informant and representing corn!  Iowa Represent!  I'm also noushing on some Corn Nuts... and if you haven't ever had any, go to the gas station and pick yourself up some... it's like really hard Fritos... Ok... getting off the tractor now...
But not before I tell you how obsessed I am with this video:


But I am absolutely in LOVE with Matt Damon.  I think he is one of those actors that doesn't get enough Award attention.  I mean he's only won 5 major awards (1 from the Academy and 1 from the Globes).  C'mon guys... he is AWESOME!!  Side note: he was in The Field of Dreams (Iowa Pride!)  Other side note: one of Treasure's brothers was in the car line at the end

I have spent my time finishing The Fighter and getting all through Doubt... very Amy Adams night for me.  I really liked The Fighter... I kind of have a Batman/Newsies crush on Christian Bale.  But he just kind of creeps me out in a slimy boxing character sort of way.  However, after Micky's final match it's just a super abrupt end to the movie.  It's just like I'm getting a nice rush from the win and then... drop it cold.  :/  That's not my favorite feeling when I'm watching a movie.  It's kind of like watching your favorite TV show and the main characters finally hook up and they're making out and you see them walking toward the bedroom and they close the door... even though there's no one else home.  it's like C'MON!!!

So anyway, Doubt.  Sometimes it's hard for me to realize why Meryl Streep is a well respected actress.  But Doubt really helped me see through it.  I mean, I had watched Sophie's Choice a long time ago... now I couldn't bare to watch it... but wow... Meryl Streep!!  Also as a devoted Catholic it's sometimes hard to watch movies that don't help the church get a good name.  Although, since I got my first bachelors in history, I realize the church didn't really set a good example back in the day.  Moving on...

I'm in the middle of The Informant.  I'll let you know how it goes!!

No comments: